Saturday 11 July 2015

I DIED DEAD. RIP ME.

Hello children, I'm back with the wonderful and highly anticipated story of my 1989 World Tour experience!  
British Summertime Festival 2015

On Thursday June 25th my little sister came through to Edinburgh and we each got desperately needed hair cuts, we then proceed to browse the shops and wander the streets of Edinburgh in the torrential rain which lead to me contracting the great flu epidemic of 2015.  After opting out of attending an evening showing of Jurassic World in exchange for a Domino's pizza in bed, I packed my bags and then attempted to be the quiz master for one of our (sometimes weekly, sometimes daily, sometimes hourly) flat quizzes.  Tensions ran high when B went off on one of her classic ADHD episodes, L (over Skype) failed to commit fully to the quiz, S didn't participate at all and I desperately tried to hold the whole thing together for the sake of J who was departing from the flat forever after that night.  Anyway, B won the quiz and then it was finally time for bed.  I didn't sleep a wink that night.  My alarm was set for 7.30am but I had given up on sleep completely long before then and so as soon as I heard my sister get up at 7am I got up too.  We did a final check that we had everything we needed, attempted to have some toast but I was too excited to eat and then I said an emotional goodbye to B.  We made a food stop at Marks and Spencer's and then boarded the train to begin our adventure.  The train ride consisted of us wasting our 3G, story sharing, listening to our Ipods and snacking.  
GG
When we arrived in King's Cross our first stop was the bathroom, our second stop was platform 9 and 3 quarters.  We said nah to the photo op at the platform because the line was too long and our bags were heavy so we went to the gift shop and made a 10/10 purchase of some Harry Potter top trumph cards.  We sorted out our Oyster Cards and then got the underground to our hotel.  Fun fact: our hotel was one street away from Nandos and yet we never did eat there which is weird and kind of sad #cheekyNandos.  




Big Ben Yo
We got to the hotel and collected our keys, couldn't get the room door to open so we went to get help.  The man from reception got the door open easily first try and I felt like a bit of an idiot but after that minor hurdle we were ready to explore the city.  My sister (Also G so we will refer to her as younger G from here on out) needed to go to Urban Outfitters so we hopped on the underground and then walked from the stop at Big Ben to Urban, it was so sunny and warm.  Naturally after visiting Urban we were in the mood to watch Chris #Ladbod Pratt fight some dinosaurs so we went to the cinema and ordered a hella big popcorn and sprite and we watched 2 hours of straight man vs dino and dino vs dino, what more can you ask for?  Anyway after Jurassic Pratt we went to Ripley's Believe It Or Not, took one look at the price and then left with out heads held high and our bank accounts untouched.  We eventually went back to the hotel, had a few snacks, put on the music channel and played Top Trumphs. 
 In the morning I woke up early but lay in bed until 8.30am I proceeded to read my book, use the wifi and try to get younger G to wake up too.  She got out of bed around 10am and we were out of the hotel by 11.30ish.  I was starving by this point as all I had eaten since Thursday was a Hoisin Duck wrap and some snacks, when we got to Green Park we went to boots and I got another Duck wrap (#creatureofhabit) and we took our food to the park and sat in the grass soaking up the sun.  I wanted to leave by 1.30pm, 2pm at the VERY latest because entry for Hyde Park started at 3.30, we ventured down to Buckingham Palace and then at 2 we headed back to the underground.  It was at this moment that younger G informed me she needed to go to Primark.

OMG LOOK AT THAT TAY
I DIED. DED.  We raced through the streets of London passed crowds of people, some of whom were wearing TSwizzle costumes which only added to my panic.  84 years later we reached Primark and younger G grabbed some clothes, we paid and then raced to the nearest underground.  Eventually we got back to the hotel just before 4pm and I could no longer feel anything because I was for sure dead, life ended, lying on the cold hard ground.  We got ready, mood tense tensions high, outfit drama aplenty.  I wished I had taken my cat dress, younger G couldn't find anything to wear.  In the end my outfit was hella fun and we started the long walk to Hyde Park, unsure if we were even walking the right way.  We arrived at Hyde Park at 5pm, we had missed Vance Joy but all was well when we were handed glowing bracelets that were "a gift from Taylor".  After spending £40 on a fun Tshirt, programme and a presh bracelet we started the battle to get to the front of the stage.  John Newman was playing and we were tripping over all of the people who were sitting on the ground as we tried our best to get as close as possible to Tay.  Eventually we made a shocking discovery... with our general admission tickets we couldn't get anywhere near the stage so instead we had to settle for 2 rows from the front of general admission (luckily I have perfect vision #blessed so I could see the stage).  I knew at that moment that any dreams of reliving the Taylor Swift arm stroking extravaganza of 2011 were #DED but I was just so happy to be breathing the same air as Taylor.  Ellie Goulding performed and she was 10/10 as she always is.  World War Tay almost broke out after Ellie left the stage when the great push to get closer the the front began, people were shoving and there was screaming, crying and perfect storms.  It was miserable and magical and I wasn't about to give up my space for anyone!  Fun Fact:  there was also a strange lady who was handing out business cards, she was there alone and throughout the night she kept talking to these 2 12 year old girls and giving them life advice as Taylor was performing...) 

IM SO HAPPY IM GOING TO DIE
Then the first few beats of Welcome To New York played and it was at that very moment I went into a full on seizure right there on the ground in Hyde Park #RIPME1995-2015.  Taylor was wearing this amazing skirt that can only be described as #SkirtGoals and she had hella good hair.  I cannot even describe what it is like to see Taylor Swift in person.  Some words I would use to try to describe it would be magical, glitter, flawless, angel, smooth, tachycardic and #leggoals.  I've seen her super close up in Belfast but even from a distance in London it was enough to put me straight into cardiac arrest.  She performed every song from 1989 minus Wonderland.  When I activated my flashing bracelet ("a gift from Taylor") I felt powerful, I felt like I had just saved the world and made it home in time for dinner and then found out that we were having popcorn with a side of popcorn for that dinner whilst watching titanic and stroking kittens.  When Taylor walked along the catwalk part of the stage I tried to use sheer willpower to draw her closer and closer to me, when she flew up into the air like a real life unicorn princess I just stared at her and truly understood the chorus of Lovefool for the first time (so I cry, I pray and I beg LOVE ME LOVE ME SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME TAYLOR SAY IT SAY YOU LOVE ME).  Everything was perfect, every song a hit and I was the happiest girl in the whole kingdom.

Wink
AND THEN STYLE
So Taylor is all like singing Style and then next minute GiGi 'SLAY-Z' Hadid and Kendall 'Daughter of Caitlyn' Jenner come on stage and I was like is this real life, then Serena Williams came on stage and everyone was all like oh cool its the tennis lady. Then KARLIE FUCKING KLOSS and Martha 'she was in Bad Blood also' Hunt came on stage and I was like there is no way that this is real that is Karlie Kloss KARLIE KLOSS.  And then, just in case there were any survivors left she finally brought out Cara '#eyebrowgoals' Delevingne and that was the end of time, the world imploded and Taylor Swift and her squad were the only survivors.
Squad Goals
 

It was really cute during the Enchanted/Wildest Dreams mashup because when Tay went back to Enchanted the crowd continued singing Wildest Dreams and it was so celestial.
The rest of the show was hella good and then to end the show she played Shake It Off which is my all time favourite song to dance to when I'm drunk and so it had some weird alcohol effect on me and I felt wasted and everyone else in Hyde Park seemed to feel the same and it was one huge party and everyone was jumping and shaking and the best part was when everyone got so sassy and shouted out the MY EX MAN BROUGHT HIS NEW GIRL FRIEND... part and I have never experienced anything like that before!  It was honestly just the best night ever, I wish I could have gone to see it again and I will for sure be going to her next tour (Hopefully this time there wont be a huge ticket pre-sale email fail on my part and I'll be able to get tickets that allow me closer to the stage)
I'll continue to do everything in my power to meet Taylor, after Hyde Park my 7 year Taylor Swift obsession has just escalated.  I am so glad I was one of the 65K people at that show.  R. I. P. ME. 
Best night ever

The moral of the story is that Taylor's wink after she sang "his hands are in my hair, his clothes are in my room" was much cheekier than you'd first imagine!

xoxo
Queen G

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! It looks like a ton of fun! :-)

    Monika | snapsnpixels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to go to the 1989 world tour so bad!! Sounds like lots of fun :)

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete