Sunday 3 May 2015

Signs That You Are Crazy Tired

Hi guys, so lately I have been thinking a lot about tiredness and the effects that it has on your physical and mental state.  Sometimes there are clear sign that you are exhausted that go beyond that "oh hey I'm kind of tired" feeling that every one of us knows all too well (shout out to Taylor Swift who wrote a 10/10 hit song named All Too Well.)

Anyway, as an advocate of the people I think it's necessary for me to write this post highlighting some of the main signs and symptoms, or you know just some crazy things that you do, when you are well and truly in need of climbing into bed with your teddy.
Everyone's fave Vampire Diaries character

Emotional turmoil
You know those days when you stay up until like 4am to watch "just one more episode" of Grey's Anatomy or Pretty Little Liars or whatever the cool kids are watching these days.  Then you close your eyes, snuggle in and before you know it your 7am alarm goes off alerting you it's time to start the day.  You are drowning in a deep ocean of regret and you can't help but hear Hermione Granger's voice in your head declaring "what an idiot".
I'm so sorry H.
 Anyway the tiredness you feel at that very moment has absolutely nothing on what lies ahead of you.  What this day has in store for you is tears.  Tears when you watch a video of puppies because "they are just so cute!".  Tears when you can't decide what fun snacks to buy at the supermarket (this is how the great cheese and onion vs salt and vingegar debate of 2015 came to be).  Tears when Shadow and Peter get reunited at the end of Homeward Bound (although you can't help but feel like that would send you into a breakdown even after the recommended 8 hours).  Everything anyone says to you is a personal attack, everyone is conspiring against you, you just feel so down... Girl, you tired!


You are legally blind
I cannot see.

Now I cannot speak for people who have impaired vision to start with because I myself have perfect 20/20 vision (#blessed) but when I'm tired my eyes do all sorts of crazy stuff.  Reading the numbers on the bus is virtually impossible, this has caused my poor sleepy self to have almost missed the bus home on more occasions than I'd like to admit to.  There is also a lot of staring.  Because I can no longer see the length of a corridor or hall HD style as I am used to I can no longer make out peoples faces.  Because I know I can normally see their faces perfectly, and because I have sleepy brain working full time, I tend to think that if I just stare at them long enough then my eyes will focus and I'll see them clear as day.  Then there is teary eyes.  This is when everyone thinks that you are currently sailing around in tear town from the stage above when in reality your eyes are just so heavy and fatigued they keep making it rain, except it's acid rain because it burns. 

Apathy
I feel you

I learned this word in my 3rd year neurology class but I'll give you the definition for free.  Apathy is basically a lack of feeling, interest, motivation etc... Found often in people with frontal lobe damage or in people who are regularly receiving less than their recommended 8 hours/not receiving a good dose of that all important REM sleep.  You know when you just want to lie in bed but you want to watch a film but you can't be bothered but you're hungry but getting food required effort.  You reach for your laptop eventually and open netflix but you cant be bothered to watch that show that you love so much (fun fact: that show for me is Gossip Girl, every time.  If I can't be bothered to watch Gossip Girl I either need some major shut eye or a neurological assessment).  Maybe you'll just go back to sleep, but you can't be bothered to sleep.  You'll go get food, but will you eat cheese and onion crisps or salt and vinegar?  Oh no here comes the tears.  Actually nah, you don't even care about food anymore, you'll just lie here and stare at the wall for a bit.

Making stupid mistakes
Remember even Serena VD Woodsen
Has made mistakes

Okay so let me tell you a story about a dark time in my life.  I was tired for getting up at 4.45 for my 4th 13 hour shift at work.  I shuffled through to the kitchen and took my loaf of Warburtons white bread out of the freezer and removed the heal of the bread.  I walked over the the bin and dumped the loaf in the bin then took the heal to the toaster and put it in to toast.  Then I realised what I had done.  I went back to the bin to confirm that yes I had just thrown out a whole loaf of perfectly good bread.  I stood there staring at it for a while considering putting myself out of my misery and just ending it all then 
and there.  But rather than ending it I grew from it and I learned, like Tyra taught me to.
She was rooting for me.  They were all rooting for me
So there you have it, a lot of useful information for people everywhere.  Blair Waldorf said that sleep was for the weak and while I agree with everything that girl says I do think that there is a time and a place for resisting sleep (such as for a dare, for a Taylor Momsen youtube video binge, as part of a sleepless cult or just for the hell of it to see what would happen).  When you are in school or university, or when you're a working gal bringing in the dolla don't deny yourself a chance for some skin to fur contact with your teddy bear or whatever it is that your'e into (whatever helps you sleep at night, no shade)

The moral of the story is I feel terrible for Edward Cullen 
Ah no I don't, I don't sleep.

6 comments:

  1. This is very relatable atm, being sick is draining ALL my energy. No matter who much sleep I get I am still tired. But me being tired has made this blog spot funnier becase it is relatable. Nice work!

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing worse than when you are too tired to function! Haha thanks :)

      Delete
  2. So funny, I love this! I think I'm legally blind too haha. So sad about the bread situation there's nothing worse than having to use the end of a loaf!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you. The bread situ was tragic!!

      Delete
  3. This is very funny and very relatable I really like your blog.
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete