Monday 25 May 2015

Feminists: Yea Or Neigh

Okay so I'm going for a fun new font just to shake things up a bit, I know, I know I am one cray-zeeee mufuckka.  

Anyway as of late certain news articles, yik yak posts and celebrity interviews have got me thinking about all kinds of important things... one of the big topics buzzing around on the internet is feminism and let me tell you this: people are very opinionated on this topic.  

I just want to point out that this post is like focusing on extreme feminism: you know, the type: the free bleeding, nipple exposing types of feminists that are constantly clogging up social media because it is always the overly opinionated it tend to get noticed most.  

So I'm just going to say it:  feminism is a bit of a joke isn't it?  
#Controversial 
Let me explain why.  So feminism is meant to be focused around equality and women's rights but like honestly it just seems like most of the time it's just an excuse for people to grab a torch and pitchfork and recreate that scene from the start of Shrek.  And once these people get started you literally cannot say anything without offending them!  
This is the part where you run away
I 100% agree with the ideas behind feminism but at the same time, as someone who sails through life with an IDGAF attitude it's just hard you know.  I personally am all about the lols, I am not easily offended and I think that is why I have such a hard time with feminism.  You can't joke about a girl being a #sluuuut without being chastised for 'slut shaming'.  You can't want a guy to hold the door open for you or want to be a stay at home mum without being judged.  Honestly, yes there are problems out there relating to equality but as far as the crazy go-hard-or-go-home approach to not offending anyone is concerned I think this has less to do with gender issues and more to do with that fact that some people are just kind of dicks.  

And what is with feminists hating on everything men do?  Like literally what is the point in pretending guys don't have problems too?  Ignoring the problems works in some situations.  For example: to strengthen friendships according to L (although I think this is stupid), when you don't have enough money for a pizza but you buy one anyway or when one of your fave shows is going downhill but you have nothing else to watch.  But ignoring that fact that things aren't perfect for the #lads out there just because you think men are the nefarious spawn of Satan is just another reason why hardcore feminism is 12/10 on the annoying scale.  
Feminism is mean to promote the idea that women can be whatever they want to be so if a woman wants to be co-dependent or doesn't want to be a feminist at all then shouldn't that be supported?
I mean it's kind of true

I just seems like some of these people are playing a bit of a victims role, like half of your problems are either A) society issues rather than gender issues or B) due to your lack of personality or you know C) not even problems at all.  

I'm not saying that things are perfect or that maybe some things could change but what I am saying is that some guys and girls say nasty things about women's looks/sexual habits/abilities etc and some guys or girls do the exact same thing to men too.  Yes society has set extremely high expectations on woman, mostly on their looks.  But on the flip side guys have extremely high expectations set on being manly or on their jobs/earning.  And if feminists are trying to have woman viewed as more than just their looks (which i do agree with) then isn't that also kind of increasing the pressure on woman too, like now woman feel like they need to be more independent and like they have something to prove etc.


It's time for life advice
Basically yes I can see the the positive sides to feminism to an extent, yes this post focuses on the extremes and looks at the negatives more than the positives but can't we all just agree that sometimes life sucks regardless of your gender.  Lets spend less time complaining about the problems and more time enjoying ourselves because in like 100 years its pretty much guaranteed that everyone reading this article will be dead regardless.

The moral of the story is when you look at the face of evil, evils gonna look right back at you.
Evil will do that to you, it will do it every time
The moral of the story is also why nay when you can neigh!
Sassy pony
xoxo
Queen G

(disclaimer: I wrote this for the lols, don't know how to write about anything serious, I cant read)

1 comment:

  1. I just re-read this post and the ending is by far the best part loll. You raise some interesting points queen G. Would you consider yourself a feminist?

    all the love, B

    ReplyDelete