Sunday 17 May 2015

Band-Aids Don't Fix Bullet Holes

With the next Taylor Swift music video ready to drop at any minute I am eagerly waiting, snacks in hand and expectations through the roof, to watch Tay slay in what is undoubtedly the most highly anticipated music video of the 21st century.  

flawless
As an avid Swifty since 2K9 (#represent) I am always keen to marinate all 5 of my senses in all of Taylor's projects - each one a masterpiece in it's own right.  However, this video more than ever has left me impatiently counting down the days until its release.  I think one of the main questions this video has managed to answer for people everywhere is: just how many 10/10 fun-loving stars can you fit into one music video?  Every single day as I refreshed my Instagram account while on my lunch break at work, or you know in one of the back rooms at work when we hit a 'quiet period' I would discover a new character had joined the bad blood crew.  I couldn't help but ponder who would be next?  I had expectations of course, these included Karli Kloss, Selena Gomez and Lorde.  And to this day I can't help but be a little disheartened about the fact that Lorde never did make it into this video.  Anyway, as the list of characters continued to grow I began to question everything from how many people this video could take, and who else might make an appearance?  Would everyone be in this video?  Would I be in this video?  It was sheer madness and I would loving every second of it!

#squadgoals
I think another thing that made this video's release so exciting was the fact that I couldn't help but speculate what my character name would be if I were to make the cut.  I mean with the way that list of characters was growing I knew that I needed to be prepared for that phone call from Tay asking me if I was free to star.  I needed to have a fun pose and character name at hand.  Luckily there was a Buzzfeed quiz available to quickly sort out one of those requirements.  A few fun questions later I discovered that my name should be Casper The Not So Friendly Ghost.  While I'll admit it doesn't exactly role of the tongue, its creative, funky fresh and unpredictable just like me so I decided it would do.  As for a fun pose, I have an endless supply of them up my sleeve.  And just like that I was ready, ready to live, ready to die, ready to receive that call from Tay, ready for an absolution that would never come.  

All I can say now is that on a scale from 0 to Scar from The Lion King I am Scar level prepared for this music video.  I can't wait to see Ellen Pompeo being #ClassicMer, I can't wait to see not 1, not 2 but 3 Hailee Steinfeld's killing it, I can't wait to see Selena back on my screen for the first time in forever, I can't wait to be mildly disappointed at the lack of Lorde... I could go on and
There she is, in the flesh.
on but I think I've made my point.  
Mainly I can't wait to see TayBae do her thing.  This video will help tide the gap between now and June when I go to see her live in concert, the last time I saw her live it was in Belfast in 2011 and I touched her shoulder (Fun fact: her skin was silky smooth, it sparkled like a thousand diamonds and she smelled of faith, trust and pixie dust).



The moral of the story is that, as the title suggests , band-aids don't fix bullet holes.  They really don't.  Trust me, if you try to fix a bullet holes with a band-aid you'll bleed out, every time.

Taylor knows...
xoxo
Queen G

(Oh and here is a completely irrelevant piece of life advice: watch Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus's performance of Don't Dream It's Over on youtube, it's the best)

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love T-Swizzle!! Bad Blood is sooooo amazing! I've watched it so many times. I love the start, it looks so cool when she falls out of the window

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she is definitely my favourite. A small part of me was wanting the album version of the song rather than the new rap version but ultimately the video was really good and it's fun to pretty much have a new song!


      Xo

      Delete