Tuesday 7 April 2015

My Trip To Mystic Falls

Blonde G in Mystic Falls
So you might think that I have always been one thing, but I'm about to turn out to be the exact opposite (as 2006 Channing Tatum would say).  You may think that I have always been a die hard Gossip Girl fan but let me tell you, back in the day I was all about The Vampire Diaries... And luckily for me my obsession coincided perfectly with my holiday to America and guess where we were heading?  Georgia, home of Covington AKA Mystic Falls.
The first place we headed was a cute little shop to buy I Heart Damon Tshirts - naturally, and then we grabbed a Mystic Falls map.  
We walked around under the hot Georgia sun to visit Tyler's house, Caroline's House, Elena's house.. basically all of the houses.  Then we went to Scoops for ice-cream... well everyone else got ice cream but I'm too hipster for that so I got popcorn which is my fave snack.  The nice super Southern lady working the till informed us that the cast often stop buy for sweet snacks when they are in town filming but that they were currently out 
Elena's house - fun fact: it was
for sale when I was there.
of town at Comic Con in San Diego (3 guesses where we had just come from before Georgia?  Yes that's right, San Diego!  But guess who didn't get to go to Comic Con... me again.  The world is a fickle fickle place).

Then we stopped for some pictures on front of the famous clock tower were (Spoiler alert) Katherine Pierce made her famous suicide attempt of season 5.  And on front of the Mystic Grill where many a plate of fries have been served up by everyone's favourite blonde haired teddy bear - Matty blue blue.
I wonder if Matt is working?
Want to know another fickle truth of the world?  After Georgia we made our way to Gossip Girl town.  The year was 2011.  Gossip Girl was most definitley filming.  I had never seen Gossip Girl.  I could have witnessed an episode of Gossip Girl being filmed live but I was too lost inside a Gossip Girl-less world, unaware of the power of a simple xoxo.  Never mind thought because I'm returning to New York this summer with B and L (My real life Serena and Nelly - in the words of Uncle Waldo: Whoooopeeee)

**UPDATE** Since releasing this blog post it has been announced that Nina Dobrev will be leaving The Vampire Diaries.  This is heartbreaking in every way that something can be heartbreaking and I think I'll cry for 84 years!!  

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky! I am in love with the Vampire Diaries! When I found out about Nina Dobrev leaving I cried and if they do a season 7 without Elena/Nina it won't be as good. Personally, i'd rather the show ends at season 6, rather than have the show continue on without Nina and slowly get worse and worse. Elena kinda as the main character...

    Jess
    Springbaby06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vampire diaries is so good but was definitely better in earlier seasons. Katherine and Elena were 2 of my favourite characters so now that both of them will be gone its going to be really rubbish :(

      Delete
  2. Oh that's nice.
    I love vamp diaries too
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete