Tuesday 17 March 2015

Interview With My Flatmates: School and University

So I decided I would start interviewing my flatmates on different subjects for my blog, this is my first one and it's on the subject of school and university because I thought it would be interesting to see how our high school experiences differ and we all met in university - it just makes sense.  

I will be interviewing the always positive and cheery bundle of joy that is Jessica (J), the excitable and celestial super fun friend and Nelly Yuki enthusiast Beth (B) and the sassy, classy and a bit smart assy Serena Van Der Woodsen wannabe Lesley (L).
The only picture of the 4 of us...
Here are some fun facts about each of them:
Jessica: Has cooked my dinner for me on more than one occasion, is an amazing singer and will always leave a night out early to get food!
Me and Jessica on my birthday
Beth: Is an avid duck feeder, lets me brush her hair like a pony and once she saw Hugh Laurie on a bus.  

Beth and I on Galentines day
Lesley: Let me bottle feed her on one occasion, once had like 3 gym memberships because she was too scared to cancel any of them and she has a pet chicken called Chuck. 
Me and Lesley in da club
Let the hunger games interview begin!

Q. What was your favourite subject in high school?
A.
(L) I really liked history!
(J) Art
*Beth and Lesley get sidetracked and need to be asked to pay attention*
(B) I would say Spanish. I really liked creative writing as well, it was good       umm yeahh.

Q. What was your least favourite subject in school?
A.
(L) ummmm in 1st and 2nd year I really hated French *Beth is surprised* and tech *Beth asks us to clarify what tech is ("it's like woodwork" says Lesley) and Beth laughs a great laugh that shook the pride land at the idea of Lesley           making a bird house - fun fact she made a boat actually*
(J)Maths
(B)I'd say maybe algebra 1 because I had no base, I didn't do pre-algebra         and American studies because they didn't explain to me properly what a           thesis was, apparently my ideas were college level but my layout was that of     a preschooler!
*We also come to the conclusion that mostly they did best in their favourite classes and worst in their least favourite*

Q. Did you play any sports in school/were you part of any clubs?
A.
(B) I did track, cross country ummm I also did creative writing *Lesley tries to interrupt to state that she was on year book committee and PR* Excuse me I believe Beth has the floor and I also did epic which was all about accepting diversity in school, it wasn't actually creative writing club it was book club and I was president of it for a year *loud laughs from everyone* I was also in amnesty international (Lesley says "WOW you were cool in high school!") and I was also part of MAC - multicultural something or other and I had the Scotland booth and we served Irn Bru and everyone said it tasted of cough medicine!
(J)I was in like the panto in 6th year and my teacher got me to apply to choir - it was like glee club! (she loved it!)
(L)Oh i was in some clubs I played netball and I was in the *Lesley gets interrupted and told that we've heard enough from her for now*

Q. Who was your favourite school teacher and why?
*Please note that Beth and Lesley get side tracked again and they need a telling off requesting that they remain focused and respectful of the interviewer*
A.
*Beth and Lesley start discussing the teachers that they had a crush on which was not the question*
(J)Mrs McBioteacher because she was really really kind and helpful and she really inspired me in biology and that's why I decided to study dietetics!
(B) You know what I hated all my teachers!
(L) I hated my biology teacher! ("LESLEY THAT WASN'T THE QUESTIONS!" I exclaimed! *Beth laughing*"You've gotten every question wrong" she says in between laughs) 

Q. What was your favourite school trip?
A.
(J) Ski trip!
(L) I went on a trip to Winmarleigh Hall (I interrupt to freak out over the fact that I also went their on a school trip!)
(B) We had one school trip! It was with geology the teacher rented a school bus, found out she didn't have a school bus driving licence we hit a fire hydrant and then we went to Taco Bell! *Beth couldn't get anything to eat because they didn't have anything vegetarian on the menu*

Q. Did you have a favourite book you read in English?
A.
(J) Trainspotting!
(B) I quite liked The Catcher In The Rye once I understood it! I hated reading it over summer but once I actually understood what he was going on about and the underlying themes!
(L) The merchant of Venice - It was really good because it has that quote "all that glitters is not gold"

Q. If you could go back to high school would you change anything?
A.
(J)No
(L)My weight and hair
(B)Ignoring my date to winter ball all evening

Q. If you could tell your high school self anything what would it be?
A. 
(J) Don't worry about stupid things!
(B)White eyeliner will save your life! Wear some makeup please!
(L) Yeah wear some make up!

Q. If you could go back would you change the course you chose to do at university? (Grades/money don't matter)
A. *All say yes*
(B) I would take a gap year and I would use it to find out what I would like to do.  I'd do some volunteering.  But I'd probably study some writing or literature course
(J) Art
(L) yeah probably like history!
*To clarify we found that if they could go back in time they would all choose a course or subject that they actually liked*

Q. If money didn't matter which city would you want to study in and if you could attend any university in the world which one would you choose?
A.*All initially said they wouldn't swap uni because then we would have never met each other*
(J) Ideal city - Glasgow. Ideal university - Glasgow University
(B)Ideal City -Oklahoma to be closer to my family. Ideal university - Rice
(L) Ideal city - New York. ideal university - Oxford

Q. What was your favourite memory from freshers week?
A.
(J) I can't remember most of freshers week!
(B) When I was trying to get Lesley to name her children after me after only knowing her for one night!
(L) When I realised that all my new friends had a mutual dislike for one person (who will remain unnamed)

Q. Other than the actual work what is the hardest part about being at university?
A.
(B) Being considered an adult
(L) Yeah!
(B) Money troubles too!
(L) Having to act like a grown up when I feel like a child

Q. Finally Summarise university in one word.
A.
(B) Celestial 
(L) Weird
(J) Drunk

So there you have it, everything you could possibly want to know about my friends school experiences - it was a lot of fun interviewing them although it also turned out to be rather challenging considering we all love to hear the sound of our own voices so much.  
Until next time
XOXO
Queen G




5 comments:

  1. What a unique idea for a blog post! They seem like lots of fun to live with!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I've followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing post!! it's nice to be able to know these people!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, they are the best people :)

      Delete